Do you want to be more than just an employee? Do you want to be part of a family that cares? Are you a team player who is results orientated and wants to make a difference and have fun, than MME group is where you need to be! We are adding to our family and searching for a Manufacturing Engineer.
This position requires an individual to utilize their skills to apply forethought from their knowledge and experience to define a manufacturing process in a contract assembly environment, as well as, troubleshooting and improving projects to meet standards and improve efficiency.
- Perform process design, equipment procurement and installation projects. Propose and complete engineering projects for the manufacture of new products, cost reduction, cycle time reduction, and quality and safety improvements.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Define fixture designs and automation in conjunction with the cost and time constraints of the project, and review and present alternatives while providing return on investment documentation.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Communicates project timelines, DFMA issues, technical information and works closely with our internal team and external customers throughout the development and production of product.
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Create and implement the qualification plans to ensure quality product is produced throughout the life of the project.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repairs services; defining preventative maintenance needs through manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and researching new products.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work environment.
- Contributes to the team effort by accomplishing related results, as needed.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Minimum of a 2 year degree in a manufacturing related field with a minimum of 5 years of experience in defining, setup, and implementation of work cells in a manufacturing environment.
- A comprehensive knowledge of process development and automation.
- Experience in pad printing and decorative marking, plastic joining processes, and robotics and plc programming.
- Excellent project management and communication skills.
- Comprehensive skills using Microsoft Office programs, basic CAD knowledge (Pro-E a plus), and the ability to understand specialized programs used in custom equipment.
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization, understand and interpret technical data, and gather and analyze data to prove and provide solutions.
- The person must be able to lift a minimum of 30 pounds unaided.
MME group offers an outstanding work environment, flexible schedules, competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package. Send all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.