Do you want to be more than just an employee? Do you want to be part of a family that cares? Are you a team player who is results orientated and wants to make a difference and have fun, than MME group is where you need to be! We are adding to our family and searching for a Buyer in our Logistics department.
This position will assist in the purchase of materials, supplies, equipment and services used by MME group, Inc. up to a reasonable financial limit. Prepares bids specifications, receive bids and issues purchase order for goods and services according to MME group guidelines.
- Places order for direct materials based on supply/demand report.
- Maintains adequate inventory levels by balancing quantity price breaks with inventory turns goals.
- Follows established QMS purchasing procedures and record keeping ensuring compliance.
- Checks requisitions for appropriate approval and account numbers.
- May negotiate with vendors for goods and services regarding price, quantity, freight for the best possible price and service guarantee.
- Data enters purchase order information and is wholly responsible to assure the information is accurate.
- Makes corrections to purchase orders and adjustments to prices as needed, ensuring adjustment fall within company guidelines.
- Works closely with Receiving Department to ensure proper supplies arrived.
- Assists in Returned Goods to vendor Process
- Tracks all open purchase orders to ensure prompt receipt of order. Includes but not limited to; following up on late orders and expediting orders according with company policy.
- Assist in management of purchased part inventory for molding components and raw material.
- Assist with managing sub-supplier base.
- Assist with supplier certification process.
- Implement min/max safety stock programs (Kanban systems)
- Other tasks as assigned by Lead.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Epicor or similar ERP experience preferred.
- The position must be able to lift a minimum of 30 lbs unaided.
- Proficient in word processing and spreadsheet software (Microsoft Suite preferred).
- Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks and carry them to timely completion.
- Ability to drive accountability and will blend with our culture of See it, Own it, Solve it, Do it.
MME group offers an outstanding work environment, flexible schedules, competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package. To apply send resumes to email@example.com