MME group is looking for a career-oriented individual to join our team. We are committed to employee success and support a core set of values and behaviors that reward and recognize your efforts and talent.
We’re hiring a 1st and 2nd Shift Production Lead. This position leads and supports the production team, performs visual inspection of plastic parts and packaged goods. Works with Production Control Supervisor on performance goals and maintaining high level of quality and safety.
MME group is a place for people who care about their work, care about their co-workers and know how to have fun! We offer comprehensive and competitive health and retirement benefits to full-time employees, professional development, and celebrate our successes with awards, recognition and company-sponsored events.
- Leads and monitors the work of machine and assembly operators.
- Follows and enforces MME Group, Inc. quality guidelines.
- Completes training for all new shift team members.
- Communicates and works effectively with the other team members.
- Shares ideas on how the team can be improved and solve any problems which are occurring, making sure that all operation sheets have correct information on them.
- Check new labels made for proper information; revision labels etc.
- When changing work order, be sure to notify Material Handler and Process Technician in this area to insure all paperwork is properly documented.
- Visually inspects parts for visual defects such as shorts, flash, contamination etc.
- Notify shift Process Techs of any visual problems with the product.
- Maintains and manages 5S in the production area.
- Complete walk through of areas and make notes about cleanliness, have operators take care of their area if a material handler, set-up, or processor is needed let me know and I will direct them.
- Drive the culture, provide recognition and preach TEAMWORK
- Provide effective quality technical support to Plastic Injection Molding and assembly operations.
- Work effectively with engineers, technicians, supervisors, and floor personnel to resolve day-to-day issues, achieve team objectives, and promote quality principles.
- Review, investigate, disposition, and resolve non-conforming material issues, internal customer complaints, and subassembly/component supply issues.
- Analyze nonconforming material and complaint data for issues/trends – identify corrective actions as necessary.
- Use MME Procedures, Work Instructions, Forms and other QMS elements to ensure continuing adherence to MME and regulatory requirements.
- Initiate change requests to update or improve quality or product documentation.
- Performs Final Inspection of products.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED required, some relevant college-level coursework preferred.
- Valid identification and the ability to legally work in the United States.
- Three years working in the manufacturing of plastic injection molding. One year in a quality inspection function.
- 2+ years Supervision experience required.
- Epicor 9 experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to read and comprehend production instructions, policy manuals, safety instructions, short correspondence and business memorandums.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and written.
- Basic knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
- To perform basic mathematical computations (examples: add, subtract, and divide in all unit of measure, using whole numbers and decimals);
- Accurate manual dexterity
- Ability to occasionally lift 30lbs unaided.
- Walking and stair climbing is required with in the office/shop areas.
- Ability to stand, bend and stoop.
- To record and make accurate records of product produced
- Visually inspect and compare the difference between good and bad product.
MME group offers an outstanding work environment, flexible schedules, competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package. Submit all resumes or inquires to HR@mmegroupinc.com.